Recipe from Rasa Malaysia: http://rasamalaysia.com/honey-walnut-shrimp/2
This Honey Walnut Shrimp is loaded with all the right stuff: crunchy candy-glazed walnuts, big shrimp (which is referred to as “prawn” elsewhere), mayonnaise, condensed milk, and honey. With such mouthwatering ingredient lists, no wonder this is one of the most popular dishes in many Chinese restaurants.
1. Peel and deveined the shrimp/prawn. Pat dry with paper towels, add the egg white, mix well with the shrimp and set aside.
2. Rinse the walnut halves with water, drain and set aside.
3. Heat up the water until it boils and add in the sugar.
4. Keep stirring until it turns thick and golden color and then add the walnuts.
5. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet/parchment paper to dry. (Regular paper will not work as the walnuts will stick to it).
6. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
7. Coat the shrimp with a thick layer of cornstarch and then and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown.
8. Remove the shrimp from the wok and drain on paper towels.
9. In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey, condensed milk and lemon juice.
10. Add shrimp and toss with the mayonnaise sauce.
11. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with candied walnuts on top of the shrimp then serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (172g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 243 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17.9g|
|Cholesterol 7.5mg||2 %|
|Sodium 195.9mg||7 %|
|Potassium 182.4mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.5g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 46.4g|
|Protein 6.9g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 443
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.