PREPARATION (10-15 min - 20 minutes if using dried mushrooms)
1. Drain tofu, bamboo shoots, baby corn. Cut off and discard the base of the Enoki mushroom bushel. Cut the mushrooms into spoonful size (3rds) and rinse. Cut tofu into cubes or preferred shape. (If using dried mushrooms, soak in boiling water for 20 minutes, flipping the mushrooms occasionally. Cut off ends of mushrooms as preferred)
2. Mix the vinegars soy sauce, and oils together and set aside.
3. Beat Eggs gently in bowl and set aside.
4. Prepare raw meat. (Thaw, Rinse, Split, Butterfly, Dice, etc.) Suggestion Shrimp, Chicken, Pork.
4. Place the chicken broth into a pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Once the broth comes to a boil, reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid and mix with the cornstarch. Then add in the meat of your choice.
6. Once the broth comes to a boil again, add the tofu, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, vinegar mixture, cornstarch mixture, white pepper. Mix and bring back to a boil.
7. Once it comes to a boil for the 3rd time add the scallions, and adjust to taste using white pepper salt, vinegar, & chili oil. Remove from heat.
8. While stirring the soup slowly pour the egg into the broth in a small stream while stirring the soup allowing the egg to instantly cook. Serve immediately.
• You can take these basic directions and make this Gluten-free or Vegetarian by substituting ingredients as you see fit. (i.e. Gluten-Free or Vegetable Broth)
• To make the soup Hotter use more Chili Oil.
• To make the soup more Sour use more Vinegar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1528g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 43 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.8g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 42.4mg||13 %|
|Sodium 16038.4mg||553 %|
|Potassium 1576.8mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28 %|
|Sugars, other 12.6g|
|Protein 43.5g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 288
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.