1. Rinse mushrooms
2. Drain Tofu. Grid cut by carefully sliding knife through tofu while it is still in packaging
3. Combine all ingredients except egg whites and cornstarch in 6 quart pot or larger while heating to a boil
4. (Optional) Put hot liquid from soup in separate bowl, mix in 1 T of cornstarch, carefully stirring and mashing it to eliminate all lumps, return liquid, and repeat until all cornstarch is added. Without cornstarch, soup is less thick and oil will rise to top when chilled.
5. After boiling, lower temperature to simmer. During this time, slowly drizzle egg whites into soup while stirring. This creates "streamers" Add at least enough to be noticeable in soup, more can be added as desired, but too many will make a very thick soup!
6. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally serve hot.
To reheat (Microwave): stir cold soup and add to bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, repeat until desired temperature.
To reheat (Stove): pour soup into pot, put on medium heat, stirring occasionally until desired temperature. Put on low heat if you are distractible!
Most ingredients can be substituted with more common ingredients, taste is only slightly diminished.
If you aren't a very "spicy" person, go easy on chili garlic sauce (very hot), and white pepper. Add more, tasting each time, until desired amount of spice is achieved. If you frequently eat spicy food, you may need to put 2 or 3 times as much chili garlic sauce in, and a bit more white pepper!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (114g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (4%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 18.8mg||1 %|
|Potassium 207.8mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 4.6g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 27
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!