- Peel and core apples, set aside
- Mix brown sugar and currants together, set aside
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in a bowl with flour and salt
- Rub butter into flour & salt until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add enough cold water to make a stiff dough (approx. 0.33 cup, add more if needed).
- Cut dough into 4 sections.
- Roll each section out to a circle large enough to cover one apple. Use extra flour (25g) to dust board
- Put an apple in the centre of each circle of dough.
- Fill the hole in the middle of each apple with brown sugar and currant mixture.
- Pull dough up around apple, sealing their ends together by squeezing the whole Rap tightly in your hand
- Bake in a moderate oven for 35-40 minutes, or until tender inside
- Place on floured tray
- Don't make dough too 'sticky' when rubbing the butter into the flour and salt to make something like bread crumbs, and adding the water as it will be very hard to roll out
- Serve hot with custard
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (269g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 43 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.8g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 10.8mg||3 %|
|Sodium 615.2mg||21 %|
|Potassium 283.9mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 65.2g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||24 %|
|Sugars, other 59.1g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 316
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!