1. Combine the yeast and water in a large bowl. Swirl to mix.
2. Add in the salt, baking powder, spelt flour, agave syrup, coffee, coconut flour, cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Fold into a ball of kneadable dough. It should be quite moist, yet just firm enough to form into a ball. Knead a few times, adding extra flour if needed to handle.
3. Place the dough in a greased mixing bowl and cover. Allow to rise for about 30-60 minutes. 30 minutes for quick rise yeast.
4. While the dough is rising, mix up the frosting. Add the cold cream cheese, sugar, agave and salt to a bowl. Blend until smooth using a hand mixer.
5. Gently knead the risen dough. Turn oven to 400 degrees.
6. Roll out the dough on a floured surface. If the dough feels too oily or sticky to knead, place in the freezer for about ten minutes. This will help firm it a bit. Otherwise, roll out to about 1/4 inch thickness.
7. Add about 15 vegan marshmallows to the dough and spread about 1/2 cup or so of the frosting on the inside of the dough - around the marshmallows. You want the entire surface of the rolled out dough to be covered in frosting and marshmallows. Sprinkle the cinnamon over top. Place leftover frosting in fridge to be used upon serving buns.
8. Roll the dough from one end, into a tight spiral. Cup the dough into rounds and place in a greased baking dish. And circle dish will work - even a pie dish could work. 7"-10" round in size. A smaller dish will allow for more plumped up buns, as the press together as they bake. A larger dish allows the buns to spread out a bit more. Add a few extra marshmallows on top if you'd like.
9. Bake at 400 degrees, uncovered, for about 35-38 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and cool before serving.
11. Serve with a dollop of the frosting on top.
*any flour can be used. A mix of white and wheat would be a good substitute for spelt.
**you could substitute the coconut flour with either shredded coconut, nut meal (any variety or processed whole raw nuts) or just add more flour.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (252g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7386.7mg||255 %|
|Potassium 167.4mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.1g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 17g|
|Protein 2.2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 63
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!