1. Rinse chicken wings under cold running water and pat dry thoroughly. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk and eggs. Dip chicken wings into buttermilk mixture, then place in flour mixture and toss to coat. Remove from flour mixture, shaking off any excess, and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
3. Pour enough oil into a large, heavy Dutch oven to fill it halfway. Heat over medium-high until a thermometer registers 350 degrees. Add chicken wings to hot oil in batches, and fry until golden brown and juices run clear when pricked with a fork, turning occasionally (about 10 minutes a batch).
4. While chicken wings are frying, prepare hot honey glaze. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, hot sauce, honey, soy sauce, and lemon juice; cook, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
5. Transfer chicken wings from hot oil to a large bowl; drizzle with hot honey glaze and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (568g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 702 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 78g||104 %|
|Saturated Fat 33g||165 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.7g|
|Cholesterol 408.2mg||126 %|
|Sodium 716.7mg||25 %|
|Potassium 1240.9mg||33 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.5g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 46g|
|Protein 56.4g||81 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1122
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!