1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray
3. Cook and stir beef over medium high heat until meat starts to brown and release juices, about 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium and stir in peppers, salt, salsa, oregano and chipotle powder, cook and stir until seasoned beef is crumbly and no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
5. Mix one package of corn muffin mix in large bowl with 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk. Whisk to combine. In separate large bowl, mix the second package of corn muffin mix with 1 egg, 1/3 cup milk and half the cheddar and monterey jack cheese.
6. Spread the prepared corn muffin mix without cheese into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle corn over the muffin mix, followed by remaining half of the cheeses, then the beef mixture.
7. Spread the corn muffin mix with cheese on top of the beef and carefully spread over the top with a fork, leaving about half an inch from the edges of the pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (258g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 253 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.1g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.1g||66 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 153.1mg||47 %|
|Sodium 603.3mg||21 %|
|Potassium 633.2mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 9.2g|
|Protein 31.8g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 422
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!