* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Prick washed potatoes and bake until a fork pierces to the center easily.
* Remove potatoes from oven and allow to fully cool. Remove skin and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
* Melt butter in saucepan. Add onions & saute on low for 10 min. or until onions are translucent.
* Add flour to onions and butter and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring well until flour is absorbed.
* In a separate container, combine broth, potato flakes and seasonings.
* Stir or whisk thoroughly to eliminate lumps. Add slowly to onion mix, stirring so no lumps form.
* Increase heat and continue cooling until soup begins to gently simmer.
* Add milk & cream, stirring until smooth & slightly thickened. Simmer 15 min. (do not boil)
* Add potatoes and stir to combine.
* To serve, top w/ cheese, bacon and sliced scallions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (329g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 122 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.6g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.4g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 35.4mg||11 %|
|Sodium 719.1mg||25 %|
|Potassium 534.8mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 25.5g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 247
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.