1) Mix molasses and 3/4 cup dressing in a ziploc bag. Add pork, squeeze out as much air as possible, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Turning occasionally.
2) In a small bowl, mix the port wine with the cranberries and set aside.
3) In a 2 quart sauce pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of dressing over medium heat. Saute the shallots in dressing for 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Drain the cranberries in a sieve over a small bowl. Pressing down on them to remove the port.
5) Add the port to the hot dressing and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 1 minute until reduced at about 1/4 cup. Add the 1 1/2 cups of broth , cranberries and cayenne pepper, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by 1/2, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6) While the sauce is simmering, preheat the grill.
7) Remove the pork from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
8) Roll the pork in the cracked peppercorns, then place on the grill and sear over high heat.
9) Lower the heat to medium and cook, turning and basting every 5 minutes, for about 12 to 15 minutes, until the pork just loses its pink color. Remove, let rest 5 minutes, and thinly slice.
10) Mix the cornstarch into the 2 tablespoons or chicken broth. Stir into the reduced port sauce and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and serve the sauce over the pork.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (848g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 749 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 83.3g||111 %|
|Saturated Fat 24.2g||121 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 34.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17.5g|
|Cholesterol 521.2mg||160 %|
|Sodium 486.2mg||17 %|
|Potassium 2560.8mg||67 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42.7g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 41.8g|
|Protein 139.8g||200 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1556
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!