1. Sauté, brown and remove meat from pan
2. Add onions and garlic to pan and cook until limp
3. Add back the beef and add wine, water, paprika, thyme, marjoram, caraway seed, bay leaf and pepper
4. Simmer for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Add more wine and broth if needed to keep beef submerged.
5. Add smoked ham (you can use deli ham, but not as good as real smoked ham). Cook for another hour.
6. Add potatoes and tomatoes and cook for another half hour or until potatoes are done.
7. Serve with sour cream, garnish with parsley and I always try to serve it with black bread, pumpernickel or the like.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (384g)|
|Recipe Makes: 7 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1144 (91%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 127.1g||170 %|
|Saturated Fat 75.3g||377 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 36.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.8g|
|Cholesterol 363.2mg||112 %|
|Sodium 823.9mg||28 %|
|Potassium 595.9mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6.1g|
|Protein 26.3g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1262
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.