(1) Mix flour, salt and pepper together and dust meat. Shake excess flour off (save flour for later - Step # 3).
(2) Heat oil in a large skillet and brown meat. When the meat is brown, remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and put in a stew pot.
(3) If required add additional oil to the skillet and saute onions. Add the garlic when the onions are almost translucent. Add paprika & remaining dusting flour to the skillet; stir briefly. Put the mixture in the stew pot with the meat.
(4) Add the tomatoes briefly to the skillet (to make sure all of the fond is removed) and then transfer to the stew pot.
(5) Simmer 1-2 hrs until the meat is tender.
(6) When the meat is ready, add the sour cream. Note - Make sure you temper the sour cream (otherwise it will curdle) by adding 8 Tablespoons of hot goulash liquid 1 Tablespoon at a time to it.
(7) Serve over buttered egg noodles.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0.8mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 5.1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.2g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.2g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.