Try this Icebox Dinner Rolls recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Pour boiling water over shortening and next 2 ingredients in bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, and stir until shortening melts and sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Let stand 10 minutes or until about 110 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Add yeast mixture and egg to shortening mixture; beat at low speed until combined. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed 2-3 minutes or until flour is blended and dough is soft and smooth.
4. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and child 8-24 hours.
5. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 1 minute). Gently shape dough into 60 1-inch balls; place 3 dough balls in each cup of 2 lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans. (You will fill only 20 cups.) Brush rolls with half of melted butter.
6. Cover pans with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 45 minutes to 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake rolls for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with remaining melted butter. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (48g)|
|Recipe Makes: 18 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 54 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 20.1mg||6 %|
|Sodium 1150.4mg||40 %|
|Potassium 39.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 19.9g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 151
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.