1. Wash and shred zucchini on a fine shredder (DO NOT PEEL).
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add shredded zucchini and mix well using a fork.
3. Add flour, sugar, salt and olive oil and stir well to blend.
4. Finally, add baking powder and mix using a spoon (Batter consistency should be like heavy whipping cream).
5. Preheat griddle to 425- 450°F.
6. If using a heavy duty frying pan, heat to medium-high heat; adjust heat if necessary.
7. Rub grill or frying pan with oil before cooking each batch of pancakes.
8. Spoon batter onto hot griddle (about 2 tablespoons for each pancake).
9. Cook until bubbles on the top of the pancake almost stop, about 1 1/2 minutes; turn pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until pancakes are done.
10. When done, rub pancakes with melted butter and place in a preheated 250 F oven to keep warm until the remainder are cooked, or serve immediately.
11. Serve with your choice of jams or syrups.
12. Also very good with sour cream or yogurt along with your choice of jams or syrups, or you can eat them just plain.
13. These pancakes are delicious for breakfast, brunch or just as a snack anytime
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (367g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 264 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.4g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.2g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 444.5mg||137 %|
|Sodium 586.7mg||20 %|
|Potassium 705.4mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.8g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 40.2g|
|Protein 19.8g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 509
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.