1. Using 2 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pieces of the chicken so each side is browned. They do not need to be fully cooked all the way through. Work in batches, and set aside when you’re done.
2. Melt another 2 Tbsp of butter in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook until beginning to soften — about three minutes. Mix together dry spices while this is happening. Add the garlic and spice mixture. Stir to combine, and cook for about 45 seconds before adding the tomato sauce to deglaze.
2.5. (Optional) If you prefer a smooth texture, you can blend this mixture in a household blender.
3. Spread mixture out in pan and let lower in temp for about 5 minutes. Then, slowly spoon in the yogurt to "temper" the yogurt, which prevents curdling. Mix thoroughly. Bring the mixture back to a simmer, add the browned chicken, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Keep the heat low here — not a rolling boil.
4. Stir in the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Serve garnished with lime and cilantro, alongside rice and/or naan.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (459g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 357 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.7g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.7g||88 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.3g|
|Cholesterol 194.6mg||60 %|
|Sodium 836.2mg||29 %|
|Potassium 1082.2mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 13.6g|
|Protein 52.9g||76 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 634
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!