1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium (3-quart) ovenproof saucepan, heat oil to shimmering. Add half of onion (sliced pole-to-pole) and sauté until strips are golden brown; remove onions to drain on paper towels, leaving as much oil as possible in pan.
2. Sprinkle flattened chicken with 1 teaspoon each of curry powder and garam masala. Sauté for about 2 minutes on each side to brown. Remove chicken; keep warm.
3. Add remaining diced onion to pan with rice. Stir until grains of rice turn from translucent to milky white, about 5 minutes. Add water and remaining teaspoon of curry powder, stir well, letting mixture come to a boil.
4. Cover pan and bake in middle of oven for about 20 minutes. Uncover, stir in peas, chicken (that has been cut into bite-sized pieces, along with any juices) and remaining teaspoon of garam masala.
5. Bake 5 minutes longer; remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing rice to release steam and mix contents. Garnish top with reserved fried onions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (122g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 32.3mg||1 %|
|Potassium 46.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 2.3g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 19
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.