1. Place the butter or Ghee in a large pot and melt.
2. Add Garam Masala Elements listed below and stir for 5 minutes on medium.
- Cinnamon Stick
- Bay Leaves
3. Add onions until they turn translucent
4. Add salt, turmeric, cumin, coriander powder, garlic/ginger paste and stir in for 1-2 minutes
5. Add mint and stir in for 1-2 minutes (until mint is cooked down)
6. Add Yogurt and stir in for 2-3 minutes
7. Add peas, potatoes, carrots and stir in for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add dry rice and stir for 1-2 mins.
9. Add water and cook for approx. 15 minutes (or until rice is fully absorbed the water)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (510g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 31 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 2.5mg||1 %|
|Sodium 82.4mg||3 %|
|Potassium 978.7mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 125.6g||37 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.2g||45 %|
|Sugars, other 114.4g|
|Protein 13.5g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 581
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.