1. Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish.
2. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over high heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tumeric and cumin and coook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant and cumin seeds pop. Remove from heat and stir in the corriander. Spoon the mixture over the chicken and turn chicken to coat well. Cover dish with chicken inside with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours to develop the flavours.
3. Preheat oven to 220°C. Cut each pumpkin wedge in half lengthways and place in a single layer over the base of a rectanglar baking dish. Tip with chicken pieces and drizzle with marinade. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Cook in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and chicken is golden brown and juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
4. Meanwhile, use your hands to squeeze excess liquid from the spinach. Combine the spinach, finely chopped onion, sour cream and coconut cream in a medium saucepan over meduim heat. Cook, stirring for 6 minutes or until hot and well combined. Remove from the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. I added quite a bit of salt to get a nice savory taste.
5. Spoon the spinach mixture into shallow bowls. Top with pumpkin and chicken. Garnish with additional coriander and serve immediately.
Source: Australian Good Taste Magazine.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (510g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 289 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.1g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.7g|
|Cholesterol 119.7mg||37 %|
|Sodium 236.9mg||8 %|
|Potassium 1364.3mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42.2g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 36.8g|
|Protein 31.8g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 569
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.