1. Spread steaks with 1 tsp. butter each, spreading 1/2 on each side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Chill 10 minutes.
2. Remove pastry from wrapper. Thaw.
3. Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add mushroom. Saute over medium heat until cooked and dry. Turn out onto plate and cool.
4. Roll out 4 of the pastry shells to 8-inch diameter. Place 1/4 of the cooked, cooled mushrooms in the center of each, spreading them to a cover 2-by 3-inches. Top with one slice of pate, if used. Place one steak on top of each.
5. Bring pastry up over steak. Wrap completely. Brush with water. Seal. Place on baking sheet, seam side down.
6. Roll out remaining pastry rounds to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out fancy shapes. Brush with egg mixture. Cut 3 air vents in each. Decorate with pastry cut-outs.
7. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until golden.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (290g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 1100 (87%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 122.2g||163 %|
|Saturated Fat 67g||335 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 39.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.9g|
|Cholesterol 405.8mg||125 %|
|Sodium 904.1mg||31 %|
|Potassium 326.8mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 26.8g|
|Protein 16.7g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1258
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.