1. Turn on Instant Pot to Sauté, Medium heat. Once hot add olive oil.
2. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Press Cancel.
4. Whisk the tomato paste, mustard, salt, thyme, and pepper into beef broth. Add the tomato paste mixture to the pot, making sure to scrape anything off the bottom of the pot.
5. Add the stew meat to the pot; do not stir.
6. Lock the lid and set to Sealing.
7. Set the Instant Pot to Manual, High Pressure for 35 minutes.
8. While the beef is cooking, set water to boil in a saucepan. Try to time your pasta so it competes cooking during the natural pressure release time.
9. Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before opening the valve to venting (use a towel or hot pad holder) and releasing the remaining pressure.
10. Remove the lid and set to Sauté, Low
11. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir into the pot. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Add the sour cream to a medium-size bowl. Whish in a small amount of the liquid from the stroganoff (about 2 tablespoons). Whisk in another 1-2 tablespoons of the hot liquid. Add the tempered sour cream mixture to the Instant Pot and stir. Taste the stroganoff and add more salt, if needed, to taste. Top with fresh parsley, if desired.
13. Serve the stroganoff over cooked pasta (or mashed potatoes)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (245g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 381 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 42.3g||56 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.1g||81 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 149.7mg||46 %|
|Sodium 175.8mg||6 %|
|Potassium 716.6mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.9g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 0.6g|
|Protein 42.7g||61 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 565
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!