1. Brown Chicken Thighs in Instant Pot: Heat up Instant Pot using "Sauté More" function. Wait until it says "HOT" (~8 mins).
Add 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil in Instant Pot (ensure oil evenly covers the whole bottom).
Season one side of the chicken generously with salt & black pepper. Add chicken thighs in Instant Pot, then brown each side for 5 minutes. While one side is browning, season the other side with more salt & black pepper.
2. Saute Onion & Garlic: Set aside the browned chicken thighs. Add in sliced onions and 1 tsp (5.8g) tomato paste, then saute for two minutes. Add in a pinch of dried oregano and dried basil, then saute for another minute. Add in minced garlic cloves, then saute for another 30 seconds.
3. Deglaze Instant Pot: Pour ½ cup (125ml) unsalted stock in Instant Pot, then deglaze by scrubbing all the flavorful brown bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Give it a quick mix.
4. Pressure Cook Chicken and Rice: To prevent the "BURN" error, first layer browned chicken thighs and chopped carrots at the bottom. Add 1.5 tbsp (22.5ml) regular soy sauce and 2 cups (440g) Jasmine rice in Instant Pot. Pour in 1 ½ cups (375ml) unsalted chicken stock. Make sure the rice is fully submerged in the cooking liquid. Layer quartered tomatoes on top.
With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure Cook at High Pressure 7 minutes + Natural Release 12 minutes. Turn Venting Knob to Venting Position, then open the lid carefully.
5. Season Chicken and Rice: Taste and season with more salt (for reference, we added 3 large pinches of salt).
*Pro Tip: For this recipe, you'll want to season with more salt as the flavor boost will be quite dramatic.
Turn off the heat, then fluff the chicken and rice before serving.
Serve: Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, then serve this wonderfully comforting & tasty Mama's Instant Pot Chicken Rice!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (556g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 153 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 82.6mg||25 %|
|Sodium 283.3mg||10 %|
|Potassium 1241.5mg||33 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 109.8g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 104.4g|
|Protein 31.4g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 724
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!