1. Turn Instant Pot on to Saute mode. Add chicken carcass pieces and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until browned and pieces begin to stick to the bottom of the pot. Press the cancel button to turn off the heat.
2. Cut ends of the onion, then cut it in half or into quarters. Remove any of the papery skin if it has dirt on it, otherwise leave the skin on. Scrub the carrots and celery. Cut then in half so they fit easily within the pot. Peel the garlic cloves and add them to the pot with the bay leaves, some freshly cracked pepper (or 10-15 whole peppercorns, if available), and a splash of apple cider vinegar.
3. Pour 8 cups of cool water over the contents of the pot (do not fill more than 2/3 to the top. Lock the lid into place, close the steam release valve, and press the "manual" button. The display will show 30, indicating the default time set for that mode. We want it to cook for 30 minutes, so no need to adjust the time. After 10 seconds the display will turn to "ON" indicating that it is heating and pressure is building (this takes about 10-15 minutes.
4. Once the pot has reached high pressure, the display will begin to count down 30 minutes. When 30 minutes is up, it will beep and switch to "keep warm" mode. Press the cancel button and allow the pressure in the pot to reduce naturally (this takes about 15 minutes). You will know the pressure is at a safe level and it's okay to open the pot when the silver float valve on the lid has fallen down and is no longer elevated. Open the steam release valve, then carefully open the lid.
5. Place a fine wire mesh strainer over a large bowl, then ladle the stock into the bowl through the strainer to catch any pieces. When level gets too low to ladle, remove the large pieces and carefully pour the remaining liquid through the strainer. Taste the stock and add salt if desired.
6. Place stock in an air-tight container and refrigerate until completely cool. Keep stock refrigerated and use within three days, or freeze for longer storage.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2022g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 82.5mg||3 %|
|Potassium 211.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 12.1g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 64
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!