Take the guesswork and hard work out of this traditionally slow-cooked dessert sauce. With an Instant Pot (or pressure cooker) and a little bit of time, you'll have this delightful caramel sauce ready to add as a topping to your cake, ice cream, or choice of dessert.
1. Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a pint-sized mason jar. Seal the lid tightly.
2. Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot, setting the jar on the trivet.
3. Fill the pot with water until it reaches just below the lower rim of the lid.
4. Close the Instant Pot lid and set the valve to sealing. Pressure cook on High for 40 minutes. It will take about 30 minutes to come to pressure before the cooking time begins.
5. When the cooking time is complete, quick release the steam by carefully turning the nob to venting. Open the lid and remove the jar using tongs, setting it aside to cool. Allow the jars to cool completely (about 20-30 minutes) before opening.
6. Transfer the jar to a wire rack and cool completely before opening the lid. Thoroughly stir the dulce de leche until smooth.
Follow your pressure cooker’s safety guidelines.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (57g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 45 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 19.4mg||6 %|
|Sodium 72.4mg||2 %|
|Potassium 211.4mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 31g|
|Protein 4.5g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 183
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.