1. Season chicken breasts on all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Put 1/2 cup of salsa in the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Then add the chicken breasts to the pot, setting them on the salsa.
3. Sprinkle the oregano and taco seasoning over the chicken.
4. Pour the remaining salsa over the chicken, covering it. *If your salsa is really thick, you can add 1/4 cup of water to help the pressure build, but I have never needed to. I use Mateo’s salsa and it works nicely, with good flavor.
5. Put the lid on the pot and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
6. Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button (or dial) and then the + or - to choose 10-12 minutes** depending on the weight/thickness of the breasts. You don't need to add any additional liquid to the pot, the salsa and chicken have enough to bring it to pressure.
7. When the cooking cycle has ended, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure. Then, after 10 minutes, manually release any remaining pressure (there may not be any, and that's okay) by turning the steam release knob to Venting.
8. Remove the chicken to a large bowl and shred it, using two forks. Then add it back to the pot. If there is too much liquid for your taste, just scoop some out. Leave some, as it has a lot of flavor, and will also keep the meat moist (the liquid is also great over rice).
9. Now you are ready to use it in your favorite recipes - tacos, taco bowls, enchiladas, or salads
If your chicken breasts are the really large (11 oz or more) sized, increase cook time by 3 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (471g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3703.5mg||128 %|
|Potassium 62.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 4.5g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 24
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!