Dredge the Pork Chops
1. Prepare the flour mixture: In a clean dry bowl add all the ingredients mentioned above in the For Dredging the Pork Chops section and whisk with a fork to mix well.
2. Dredge the pork chops: Pat the pork chops both sides with the help of a paper towel and set them aside on a plate. Now, take a single pork chop and coat it both sides with the dry flour mixture. Shake off tthe excss coating and keep them on a dry plate. Repeat the process until yu are done dredging all the pork chops.
Sear the Pork Chops
1. Set the Instant Pot: Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE function and set it on HIGH heat setting.
2, Sear the pork chops: Add oil & when the oil becomes moderately hot gently release the dredged pork chops and sear them bot sides until the chops turn golden brown. Set them aside.
Pressure Cook Pork Chops Marsala
1. Saute the aromatics: Use the same pot and the same settings. Add Butter. Gently release the chopped shallots and garlic and saute them until the shallots turn soft.
2. De-glaze Pot: Pour the Marsala wine and stir briskly, de-glaze the pot scraping the sides and the bottom of the pot with the help of a spatula. Allow the alcohol to evaporate a bit. Now add the chicken stock and de-glaze the pot really well following the same technique. There should not be any stuck food particles. This will help jprevent the BURN error.
3. Pressure Cook Pork Chops: CANCEL the SAUTE function. Pressure cook Pork Chops Marsala. Now, throw in the sliced mushrooms and layer them in a single layer. DO NOT stir or mix. Lay the seared pork chops on top of the mushrooms in a single layer. DO NOT mix or stir. Close the lid, seal the valve and PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 10 minutes.
4. Natural Pressure Release: Once the pressure cooking cycle is over, wait for Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 10 minutes. Then, release the rest of the pressure manually by moving thevalve from the sealing to the venting position. Open the lid carefully.
Prepare the creamy Marsala Sauce
1. Fish out the pork chops: Fish out the Pressure cooked pork chops onto a dry plate. We'll be making the creamy marsala sauce now.
2. Prepare the Thickener: Now warm up the heavy whipping cream for a few seconds in the microwave oven. Add 1.5 tablespoons flour into the cream - use the left over flour mixture that we used for dredging the pork chops. Whisk the flour really well into the cream so that there are absolutely no lumps.
3. Make the creamy marsala sauce: Now, add the cream flour mixture into the pot and stir to mix well. Hit back the SAUTE mode and set it on the LOW heat setting. Simmer the sauce until it thickens to your preferred consistency.
4. Pork Chops in the Sauce: Add back the pressure cooked pork chops into the creamy sauce and simmer for just 1 minute. Serve hot and garnish with chopped fresh parsley,
1. More sauce: Add 3/4 cups chicken stock instead of 1/2 cup.
2. Dredge and sear the chops on HIGH heat.
3. Thin cut chops: 5 minutes high pressure followed by 5 minutes natural pressure release.
4. Best mushrooms to use: Cremini, Baby Bella, or White.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (349g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 195 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.7g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.4g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 120mg||37 %|
|Sodium 301.4mg||10 %|
|Potassium 997.9mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 16.2g|
|Protein 34.7g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 429
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!