1. Add the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, garlic, potatoes, chicken stock, wine, fennel, salt and rosemary to the stainless steel insert of an Instant Pot.
2. Set the steam release handle to the 'sealing' position, place the lid on the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
3. When the Instant Pot beeps, allow it to sit for 10 minutes (natural pressure release). After 10 minutes, carefully turn the steam release handle to the 'venting' position to release the remaining pressure.
4. Stir together the water and cornstarch, then add to the pot with the balsamic vinegar.
5. Select the 'sautee' button on the Instant Pot and simmer for 2 or so minutes, until stew is thickened to your liking (see note 2).
6. Serve with crusty bread.
To prep ahead and freeze:
Add all ingredients not labelled 'after cooking' to a gallon sized freezer bag (see note 3).
Remove as much air as possible, and freeze flat for up to 3 months.
To cook, thaw completely before cooking as directed above.
1- boneless skinless chicken breasts may be used; adjust the cook time to 8 minutes
2- if at this point the stew is not thickened to your liking, add additional cornstarch slurry to the pot.
3- if prepping freezer packs, do not cut the baby potatoes in half (they will get a weird texture after freezing)
Fridge– store cooked stew in an air tight container for up to 4 days
Freezer– freeze stew in a glass or plastic freezer jar for up to 3 months
Thaw– thaw for 48 hours in the fridge, or immerse the jar partially in cold water for a few hours to speed the process.
Reheat– heat on medium-low heat in a pot on the stove; stir gently until warmed through
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (678g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 21 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.3g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 4.2mg||1 %|
|Sodium 255.5mg||9 %|
|Potassium 2183.2mg||57 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 87.3g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.1g||45 %|
|Sugars, other 76.2g|
|Protein 13.2g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 415
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!