1. Preheat the InstaPot to the Saute option.
2. Season the short ribs really, really well with salt and pepper. Use Kosher salt to season.
3. Place them in one layer in your pot and let them sear. Don't touch for about 7-8 minutes.
4. In the mean time, dice up your onions, carrots, and shallots.
5. After 7-8 minutes, flip the ribs to the other side and cook for 5 minutes more.
6. Once all the meat is browned, remove the ribs to a plate and turn the heat down to medium. Do this in two different parts, making sure to never over crown the pot.
7. Check your pot. If you have a lot more that 1 tablespoon of oil accumulated from the meat, pour it out.
8. Add your onions, garlic, shallots, and carrots to the pot and sweat for about 5-7 minutes until aromatic and soft. Toss them in all those glorious pan drippings. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add in the red wine. Scrub the bottom as you do this. picking up all those nice bits that have camelized on the bottom.
10. Nestle the short ribs back in, adding 1 sprig of rosemary and the parsley.
11. Seal the InstaPot, insuring that the venting switch is set on the "Sealing Position." Press the "Stew" option and set the manual timer to 35 minutes on high pressure. If you have bone-in ribs, you will have to add 15 minutes more to the cooking time. But the results will be perfect.
12. Once the timer beeps, allow the InstaPot go into the Keep Warm function for 15 minutes. Carefully switch the venting tab to the venting position and only once all the steam has escaped, carefully remove the lid of the pot.
13. Remove the meat, skim the sauce off with a spoon concentrating on only removing the fat. Add in the 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, and turn back onto the "Saute" option. Allow to boil until it has reached a glossy and glaze consistency.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (57g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 23.6mg||1 %|
|Potassium 126.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 6.9g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 35
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!