1. cook off the onion in a little olive oil, on a medium heat, until quite tender but not brown
2. add the garlic and cook for a little longer until that too is cooked
3. add the balsamic and cook a little longer on low heat until the whole mixture is quite caramelised
4. combine the rest of the ingredients except the lemon juice and olive oil
5. combine the lemon juice and olive oil to make a dressing, about 50/50 lemon juice to olive oil.
6. mix everything together, season and serve
There are a couple of ways to make this salad more "substantial".
You can add some cooked quinoa.
Or add some cooked potatoes. Choose a nice variety, boil them then let them sit in the oil and lemon juice dressing - maybe throw in some chives? - before mixing everything together.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (132g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 28.2mg||1 %|
|Potassium 373.2mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 12.2g|
|Protein 2.7g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 59
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!