1. Chop meat & vegetables: peel & chop potatoes into 1/2" pieces; dice carrots to 1/4" thick, trim visible fat from steaks & cut into 1" cubes; dice onion; chop celery.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large pot over medium heat.
3. Dredge steak cubes in flour and saute 5 minutes until brown on all sides. Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
4. Add beef stock, beer, tomato paste, honey, Worcestershire, herbs and spices. Stir to combine.
5. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer 20 minutes while preparing vegetables.
6. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in another large pot over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, celery, and carrots. Saute 20 minutes until golden.
7. Add vegetables to beef stew. Simmer uncovered until vegetables and beef are very tender, about 40 minutes.
8. Remove bay leaves before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (754g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 61 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.8g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 15.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 1512.8mg||52 %|
|Potassium 1638.8mg||43 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.2g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 17.8g|
|Protein 14.7g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 194
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.