1. In the biggest, heaviest skillet you got, put enough oil to coat the bottom generously( about 2 TBSP) and let it heat up slowly on medium.
2. When the oil starts to shimmer (or ripple) carefully add the potatoes and give them a good toss to ensure they are dressed by the oil, this will help them not stick. Once the crack, snap, pop settles down add the onion. Season with a healthy dash of salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder. Keep the mixture moving so it doesn't stick. If you want a good browning on the potatoes there are some tricks to do that, but this recipe does better when they aren't so much.
Cook until the onion and potatoes are well soften, near 15-20 min.
3. Throw in the cabbage and just wilt it, this wont take long at all.
4. Beat the eggs for at least 50 strokes (seriously this make them super fluffy) and the cream and beat a little more so its incorporated. Add eggs and herbs to potatoes and scramble.
5. Garnish with whatever, sour cream, chives, ketchup, etc. Enjoy!!! This can so be carnivorous if wanted, bacon sausage, corned beef, ham, everything, lends well.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (657g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 397 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 44.1g||59 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.3g||76 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.5g|
|Cholesterol 1606.6mg||494 %|
|Sodium 587.1mg||20 %|
|Potassium 1487.4mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.5g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 41.5g|
|Protein 52.7g||75 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 782
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.