Preheat oven to 425°F
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. Mix in butter with fingers until mixture resembles meal.
3. Make a well and add the beaten egg and buttermilk mixing with a wooden spoon until the dough is too stiff to mix.
4. Dust hands with flour and knead dough in the mixing bowl into a ball
5. Put dough on a floured surface and begin to knead into a round loaf.
6. Score dough with an X.
7. Transfer dough to a greased cast iron skillet and bake for 35-45 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (884g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 2152 (92%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 239.1g||319 %|
|Saturated Fat 149.7g||748 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 62.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.6g|
|Cholesterol 838.7mg||258 %|
|Sodium 5644mg||195 %|
|Potassium 1092.1mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.6g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 31.8g|
|Protein 24.5g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2340
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!