Try this Irish Soda Bread recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
Preheat oven to 425°F
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. Mix in butter with fingers until mixture resembles meal.
3. Make a well and add the beaten egg and buttermilk mixing with a wooden spoon until the dough is too stiff to mix.
4. Dust hands with flour and knead dough in the mixing bowl into a ball
5. Put dough on a floured surface and begin to knead into a round loaf.
6. Score dough with an X.
7. Transfer dough to a greased cast iron skillet and bake for 35-45 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (884g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 2152 (92%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 239.1g||319 %|
|Saturated Fat 149.7g||748 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 62.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.6g|
|Cholesterol 838.7mg||258 %|
|Sodium 5644mg||195 %|
|Potassium 1092.1mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.6g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 31.8g|
|Protein 24.5g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2340
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.