* Melt 1 Tbsp butter in large sauce pan over medium-low heat
* Add pine nuts and stir until golden brown, and transfer them to a small bowl.
* Melt remaining 2 tbsp of butter in the same pan over med heat.
* Add shallots and saute until golden.
* Add couscous, cinnamon, and bay leaf, and stir often until couscous browns slightly.
* Add broth and salt and bring to a boil.
* Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender.
* Remove from heat and stir in parsley, pine nuts and lemon zest.
* Add the raisins for a savory sweet taste.
* Season with black pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (248g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 112 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.4g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 420mg||14 %|
|Potassium 509.1mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.2g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.9g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 82.3g|
|Protein 14.8g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 513
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!