1) Soak dried beans in cold water overnight (at least 8 hours) to dehydrate them.
2) If you home ground your chicken like I do, chop chicken into 1 inch cubes and mix with the salt, pepper, basil, oregano, & red pepper flakes. run these through your meat grinder to make your chicken sausage.
a) If using pre- ground chicken, simply mix these spices with your ground meat.
3) In your large soup pot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and saute your ground chicken over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes until beginning to brown and cooked through,
4) Remove Chicken from the pot. Add 1 tbsp Olive oil, onion, garlic and celery until just until they begin to soften (3-5 minutes) . we do not want to over cook them as they will simmer in the soup for a couple hours.
5) Add kale and toss for 1 minute just until kale has wilted.
6) Now reintroduce your chicken and add your beans, chicken bouillon, and water.
7) Cover and allow to simmer over low heat for 2 hours, or until your beans have reached there desired texture. I prefer not to overcook so the beans hold a firmer texture.
8) Once you have determined your soup has finished cooking, I like to add corn starch to bring the broth to a slightly thicker texture. This step is completely optional. Combine your corn starch with a splash of warm water in a bowl. whisk together until the starch has completely dissolved. Mix into soup and it should thicken slightly but still maintain a broth like consistency.
9) This recipe should yield around 10-12 16 oz. servings of soup. each serving will ring at at around 190 calories with 24 g protein, 10g fiber, 6g fat and 19 g carbs.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (415g)|
|Recipe Makes: 11 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 18 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0.1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 164.7mg||6 %|
|Potassium 802.6mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.2g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||39 %|
|Sugars, other 21.4g|
|Protein 10.3g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 177
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!