1. Prepare cake mix as directed on box
2. Pour batter into lightly greased 9 x 13 pan and set aside
3. Combine Ricotta, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Blend well
4. Pour on top of the chocolate cake mix. It's ok if it doesn't flow to the sides of the pan, as it will distribute evenly after baking.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
6. Blend the pudding mix and milk until thick, and then fold in the whipped topping.
7. COMPLETELY COOL the cake. You can either spread the pudding mix on top and serve, or dollop some of the chocolate "mousse" on top of each piece served.
**I used 1% milk, part skim ricotta and sugar free whipped topping and it was fantastic. You may use full fat everything and I'm sure it would be even more rich and lovely**
**Great thing for kids to make and watch bake in oven, as the chocolate cake will envelope the ricotta cheese mixture, after you cut it, the ricotta cheese will be in the center of the cake**
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (47g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 17 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.9g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 63.6mg||20 %|
|Sodium 28.8mg||1 %|
|Potassium 50.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 13.1g|
|Protein 2.5g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 78
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.