1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet.
2. Add onion and garlic. Sprinkle with black pepper and salt, then saute until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
3. Add summer squash, meat, green pepper and Italian herb blend and mix well. Saute for about 5 minutes to soften vegetables.
4. Add leafy greens (chard/spinach/etc.) and cook until wilted.
5. Remove meat and vegetable mixture from the skillet and set aside.
6. Assemble quesadillas in layers: provolone, pesto, gorgonzola, meat and vegetable mixture, provolone.
7. Fry quesadillas in skillet until browned and crisp, spraying them as necessary with olive oil to keep from burning.
8. Remove from the skillet, slice, and garnish with fresh basil, ricotta and pesto.
This recipe will yield 3 whole quesadillas as dinner portions, but can just as easily be served as 6 appetizer portions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (314g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 372 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 41.4g||55 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.9g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 47.7mg||15 %|
|Sodium 1145.2mg||39 %|
|Potassium 627.9mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 18.9g|
|Protein 18.9g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 530
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.