1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
2. Drain the ricotta in a colander lined with cheesecloth set over a bowl for about 30 minutes to an hour. This drains out the excess liquid in it, making for a denser cake.
3. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Coat pan with crushed amaretti, if using, swirling it around to get an even coating. Pour out any excess crumbs. Place prepared pan on a baking sheet.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat the ricotta, mascarpone and sugar together until smooth. With the mixer on medium-low, add the eggs, orange zest, cream, vanilla and orange flower water and mix until completely homogenized.
5. Pour batter into the prepared springform pan and bake for 1½ hours. Turn off the oven and let the cake rest inside for 30 minutes.
6. Remove cake from the oven and let cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Run a sharp knife around the perimeter of the cake to loosen it and unmold. Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
7. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (232g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 359 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.9g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.7g||103 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.7g|
|Cholesterol 559.2mg||172 %|
|Sodium 358.7mg||12 %|
|Potassium 288.5mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 14.7g|
|Protein 22.5g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 507
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!