Skillet lasagna [580 calories per serving; 35g fat; 17g saturated fat; 1g trans fat; 145mg cholesterol; 1,120mg sodium; 30g carbohydrates; 2g fiber, 8g sugar (0g added sugar); 34g protein; Daily Value - 0% Vitamin D, 40% Calcium, 15% Iron, 8% Potassium]
Source: Hyvee Seasons Magazine
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Cook ground beef with 1 tsp. Salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring occasionally to break into pieces. Transfer beef to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Reserve drippings in skillet.
2. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomato paste, oregano, thyme, and parsley; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in undrained tomatoes, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Bring to a boil; return beef to skill. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 tsp of salt, remaining 1/4 tsp black pepper, and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
4. Break 4 lasagna noodles into large pieces and place in bottom of a deep 12-in cast iron skillet. Cover noodles with half of the meat mixture. Layer with half each of the fresh mozzarella and white sauce. Top with 1/2 cup basil. Repeat layers with remaining lasagna noodles, meat mixture, mozzarella, and white sauce.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until noodles are tender and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining basil, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (326g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 149 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.5g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.3g||51 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 59.1mg||18 %|
|Sodium 518mg||18 %|
|Potassium 514.5mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.2g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 10.6g|
|Protein 20.9g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 280
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!