1) melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
2) Add celery, onions, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until translucent and fragrant, about 4 minutes.
3) Stir in broth, tomatoes, and 2 cups water.
4) Cover and cook 10 minutes over medium heat or until soup comes to a boil.
5) Add meatballs and orzo to the boiling soup and stir to make sure they are fully submerged.
6) Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes over medium heat.
7) Stir in Escarole.
8) Test a meatball and a piece of orzo to ensure that they are fully cooked.
9) Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (103g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 36 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 10.2mg||3 %|
|Sodium 221.8mg||8 %|
|Potassium 267.5mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 4.9g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 66
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!