1. In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Brown the sausages on all sides, turning often, for 3 minutes; transfer to paper towels.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pot. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens.
3. Slice the sausages into 1/4 inch rounds. Add them with the stock to the pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer the soup for 45 minutes, skimming the surface occasionally.
4. Add the rice, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes until the rice is tender but still has some bite.
5. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream, taste for seasoning, and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1044g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 658 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 73.1g||98 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.7g||149 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.7g|
|Cholesterol 188.2mg||58 %|
|Sodium 1914.5mg||66 %|
|Potassium 1240.4mg||33 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 120g||35 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 116.2g|
|Protein 43.2g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1328
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.