Preheat oven to 350F
1. Cut the top off of each pepper and completely remove all seeds and the ridge-like membrane from inside the peppers
2. Wash each pepper with cold water
3. Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Italian seasoning in a medium mixing box and mix thoroughly.
4. Using a small spoon or spatula spoon in the cheese mixture into each pepper stuffing it completely and slightly mounding it on top.
5. Cut a piece of bacon roughly 3-4" long (depending on the girth of the pepper it may need to be longer or shorter) and drape the bacon over the top of the pepper forming a cap. Secure in place with a toothpick pushing in from one side through the bacon and out through the other.
6. Set in place inside a Jalapeno Popper cooking rack
7. ***I suggest either placing the popper cooking rack onto a cookie sheets with edges or placing tin foil on your oven rack under the poppers as they will drip natural oil that will make your oven smell.
8. Cook at 350F for roughly 30 minutes to cook the bacon sufficiently
Let Cool and eat whole if possible as the bacon flavors all come together nicely with the cheese
***Cheese can be Cheddar or a Mexican cheese mix.
***You may want to wear gloves when cutting Jalapenos that way if you touch your eyes later they will not sting! Otherwise wash your hands thoroughly...
***I suggest either placing the popper cooking rack onto a cookie sheets with edges or placing tin foil on your oven rack under the poppers as they will drip natural oil that will make your oven smell.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (39g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 117 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 41.4mg||13 %|
|Sodium 209.7mg||7 %|
|Potassium 42.5mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.8g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.8g|
|Protein 7.7g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 150
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.