Instead of just pecking at a pickled pepper, cause a feeding frenzy of heat! Whenever your best peeps are due, fire up some of these "snap-to-make" chickpea canapés! The cool radish base supports the flavor complexity of a Middle East-meets-Mexico purée, finished with a strip of sun-dried tomato. Keep the flock flapping with these tasty little chickadees!
1. In large food processor, process parsley till fine (no larger leaves remain).
2. Now add to processor bowl with parsley: jalapeños, the pickled carrots that come with the jalapeños (if desired), garlic, pimientos, lime juice, paprika, chili powder, cumin, Tahini sauce, chickpeas.
3. Process till coarse and all vegetables are broken down (no large pieces remain).
4. Add olive oil, pulse till combined.
5. Remove and cover in bowl, chill in fridge for several hours.
6. Using any chopping machine you prefer, slice rinsed radishes to approximately 1/4" thick rounds, chill for an hour or more.
7. Arrange radish rounds on serving tray.
8. Pipe the chickpea mixture onto each radish base using whatever piping tool you prefer.
9. Top each with a small strip of julienned sundried tomato as a taste and texture-enhancing accent.
10. Serve to your peeps and enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (22g)|
|Recipe Makes: 42 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 39.4mg||1 %|
|Potassium 31.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 2.6g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 17
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!