1. Add about 2 cups water and 2 cups coconut milk to a heavy large saucepan.
2. Throw in ½ stick cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil.
3. Gradually whisk in the cornmeal, a little bit at a time and keep stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent any lumps.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens about 15 minutes.
5. Add vanilla extract, nutmeg and sweetened condensed milk.
6. Adjust consistency with coconut and/or water.
7. Turn off the heat.
8. Serve Hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (167g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 10.4mg||3 %|
|Sodium 56.7mg||2 %|
|Potassium 231mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.7g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 44.6g|
|Protein 5.7g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 247
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!