1) Pour lemon juice over chicken, wash in cold water, drain well and dry with paper towel.
2) Season chicken with 2tsp salt, black pepper, 3 Tbsp of curry powder and chopped garlic; put chicken in fridge for 1 hour to absorb spices.
3) Add cooking oil to saucepan and heat on High; saute cumin seeds for 1/2 minute, then add chopped onion, green and red bell peppers,
4) Add thyme, Scotch Bonnet (or pepper sauce), 3 Tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp salt and tomato ketchup; saute onion and peppers until just tender.
5) Add 1 cup of boiling water and, when sauce is boiling, add chicken. Fold in chicken until it is well covered with sauce and seasonings;
6) Add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water; cover and bring to a rolling boil.
7). Lower heat to medium, add potatoes and add 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer (slow boil) until chicken is tender and sauce thickens (about 1/2 hour)
8) Taste and adjust with salt, if needed.
Serve with Rice and Peas
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (579g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 492 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 54.7g||73 %|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.4g|
|Cholesterol 280mg||86 %|
|Sodium 294.3mg||10 %|
|Potassium 1076.3mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.1g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 16.1g|
|Protein 60g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 818
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.