1. Heat the oil ina large saucepan, add the spring onions, ginger paste and chilli and fry over medium heat for 30 seconds
2. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the sweetcorn for later and add the remainder to the saucepan with the stock and salt.
Cover with a lid and bring to the boil over a high heat.
3. Put the cornflour or potato flour into a cup or small bowl and mix with the sake or sherry to a smooth paste, then
add to the boiling stock and cook, Stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Blend the mixturey with a stick blender or in a jug blender until completely smooth. Rinse the Saucepan and push the blended mixture through a sieve back into it, using the back of a spoon to push as much liquid as you can through the sieve. You may need to do this in a couple of batches, but roughly make sure you discard the solids from the sieve as you go
5. Bring the soup back to the boil and slowly pour in the beaten egg, stirring as you go. As it boils, thin strands of the cooked egg will appear in the soup.
6. Add the chicken, the reserved sweetcorn and the coriander and heat through before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1097g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 236 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.3g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9g|
|Cholesterol 50.3mg||15 %|
|Sodium 1098mg||38 %|
|Potassium 1763.1mg||46 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 83.9g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 75.3g|
|Protein 39.5g||56 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 696
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!