TANGZHONG: Blend 1/3 cup bread flour, and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, constantly stirring with a whisk. As soon as the mixture thickens, and swirl lines appear, remove from heat and allow to cool. This is a double recipe. Save the remaining tangzhong in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To make bread:
1. Mix egg with milk and add to the bottom of the bread machine pan, and add the sugar, salt and butter (cut into pieces).
2. Add 1/2 cup cooked tangzhong.
3. On top of the liquids, add the bread flour.
4. Make a well and put the yeast into the well. Do not allow the yeast to come into contact with the liquid ingredients in the bottom of the pan.
5. Using the bread maker's dough function, add dough to combine, knead and rise.
6. When dough is ready, divide into four even pieces.
7. Flatten each piece into an oval with a rolling pin. If you use flour to keep the dough from sticking, use only a little or your bread will become too dry.
8. Fold the long edges of the oval inward in thirds. Flip over, roll again to flatten, then flip back over. Roll the piece from the bottom up, the smooth side out, and set aside. Repeat with the remaining dough.
9. In a regular loaf pan, place the four rolls side by side, seam side down. Allow the dough to rise for another 30 minutes, until doubled.
10. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 335 degrees.
11. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the loaf to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (736g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 429 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47.7g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.5g||127 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.3g|
|Cholesterol 103.6mg||32 %|
|Sodium 14022.1mg||484 %|
|Potassium 950.2mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 390.9g||115 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.1g||61 %|
|Sugars, other 375.7g|
|Protein 71.7g||102 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2308
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!