1. Saute onions in olive oil until softened and translucent.
2. Add the jasmine rice until lightly toasted.
3. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until softened.
4. Add just enough chicken broth until the rice is covered. Stir. You can stir continuously but I've found sporadic stirring is just fine. When the liquid has absorbed, add a second ladle of chicken broth.
5. When the liquid has been absorbed, add just enough wine to cover the rice. Alternate chicken broth and wine until rice is cooked.
6. When the rice is done, add butter, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and freshly cracked pepper.
This dish takes at least 30 minutes to cook. Be patient. Cook it over a low fire for the best taste. Do not let it sit on the stove for too long or it will become dry and sticky. The ideal result will be moist.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (559g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.