Preheat oven to 350(F) degrees.
Prepare 2- ten inch, round cake pans. Butter sides. Cut out parchment paper in a circle to line the bottom of the cake pans.
Follow all three of the three-part directions that follow!
To Prepare Cake:
1. Combine cocoa and boiling water. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
2. Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth. Set aside.
3. Alternately add cocoa mixture and flour mixture to creamed butter. Beat until smooth.
4. STIR IN 1 1/2 TEASPOON VANILLA.
5. Pour into cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched.
6. Let cool.
To prepare Whipped Cream Filling:
1. Beat whipping cream and vanilla until foamy.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar.
3. Spread on top of the bottom layer of the cake.
4. Cover with the top layer of the cake.
To prepare icing:
1. Combine chocolate, half and half, and butter in a saucepan.
2. Cook until chocolate melts.
3. Remove from heat & add powdered sugar.
4. Set pan in ice, & beat until frosting holds its shape and loses its gloss.
5. Add a few more drops of half and half if needed to make it easier to spread.
6. This makes a LOT of icing so you can layer it on thickly!
Garnish with raspberries.
This is incredibly rich, so be prepared with milk, ice cream, and/or a dark coffee!
Don't forget to add the vanilla to the cake mix before adding it to the cake pans!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (134g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 354 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.3g||52 %|
|Saturated Fat 24.6g||123 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 97.8mg||30 %|
|Sodium 518.5mg||18 %|
|Potassium 119.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.1g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 48.1g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 551
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.