1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat.
2. Add ground sirloin and stir for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. The meat should crumble.
3. Add chopped onion, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper to the meat. Saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in the beer and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until liquid in nearly evaporated.
5. Add salsa verde, green chiles, tomatoes, and kidney beans. Bring the chili to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic salt as needed to preferred taste.
6. Serve chili and top with cheese and green onion as desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (122g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 195 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.6g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 71.9mg||22 %|
|Sodium 153.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 311.6mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3.6g|
|Protein 18.1g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 286
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.