1) For the striped bass: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Rinse the fish with cold water and pat it dry. Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3) Spray the bottom of a large heatproof dish with the cooking spray, then place the fish in the dish. Season the fish with salt and white pepper. Scatter the sliced mushrooms in the dish. Sprinkle the sliced ginger over the fish and arrange the baby bok choy pieces around the fish like a frame.
4) For the sauce: Mix the soy sauce, chicken bouillon powder, Shaoxing rice wine, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the fish, which will convert to aromatic steam, cooking the fish.
5) Pull a tight layer of plastic cling wrap over the baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place in the preheated oven and bake until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 130 to 135 degrees F, the fish should flake apart gently, and the center should just be turning opaque, 15 to 18 minutes.
6) For after steaming: Check to see that the fish is done. Place the scallions on top of the fish and replace the foil to retain heat and moisture.
7) Combine the canola and sesame oils in a small saucepan and heat them to high until just smoking, about 2 minutes. Remove the foil, carefully drizzle the hot oil over the scallions and fish, it will crackle. Finish by spooning the sauce over the fish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (49g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 137 (87%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.2g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.4g|
|Cholesterol 0.3mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1534.6mg||53 %|
|Potassium 82.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 4.5g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 157
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!