1. Combine rice, broth, water, curry powder, turmeric and saffron in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, stir once, cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes more. Fluff with a fork.
3. Combine oil, lemon juice, honey, orange zest, ginger and salt in a large, non-reactive bowl (see Note).
4. Stir in the cooked rice, celery, dried cherries and 1/4 cup scallions (or chives).
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
6. To serve, fold fresh cherries and 1/2 cup mixed nuts into the rice mixture. Serve at room temperature, garnished with the remaining 1/4 cup scallions (or chives) and mixed nuts.
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 288, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 125mg, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Total Fat: 12g, Carbs: 41g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Protein: 6g
Carb Choices: 2.5
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (74g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 47 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.3g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2732.8mg||94 %|
|Potassium 34.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.7g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 3.7g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 62
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!