1. Cream 1/3 cup butter or margarine, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Drop 1 teaspoon into each of 12 greased muffin tins. Reserve the remaining mixture.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in 1/4 cup butter or margarine until crumbly. Make a well in center, and pour in milk. Stir to form a soft dough, adding a bit more milk if needed.
3. Turn dough out on lightly floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times. Roll into rectangle about 1/3 inch thick and 12 inches long. Spread the remaining cinnamon mixture over dough rectangle. Sprinkle currants or raisins over top, if using. Roll up as for jelly roll. Mark first, then cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in muffin pan.
4. Bake in 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn out on a tray.
5. To confectioners sugar, add enough milk or water to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls.
You can also add chopped sauteed apple or raisins in the filling.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (131g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 83 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.2g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 10.9mg||3 %|
|Sodium 2522.4mg||87 %|
|Potassium 121.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 70.6g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 69.6g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 359
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.